In today’s fast-paced world, where technology has a significant impact on almost everything we see and interact with, there is an urgent need for asset-intensive industries to provide mobility to their field workers to streamline their most crucial processes and boost the returns on investment. So much so that they should no longer be thinking about whether they should use a mobile solution or not but rather which mobile solution to use to help the field maintenance teams.
One of the mobile solutions that asset-intensive enterprises — oil, gas, and manufacturing — should adopt is mobile work management software. Not to be confused with asset management software, such as SAP mobile work manager software, mobile work management software is created to offer field maintenance workers an easy to use and electronic means to realize their tasks and record work during field operations. One of the best mobile solutions in this category is SAP work manager.
Let’s look at what exactly is a mobile work manager and how it can help asset-intensive industries:
What is mobile work management software?
As the name suggests, a mobile work manager is a mobile application that enables field workers and maintenance technicians to work more safely, productively, and independently. Usually available for iOS and Android, it is designed to allow users to begin, pause, transfer and finish work orders quickly and more accurately, which, in turn, helps improve their productivity, asset longevity, and overall operations. Software, such as SAP mobile work manager work, also enables users to access aligned tasks, view work orders, know notification details, measure documents and data, capture the time taken to finish tasks, and many other things.
How a Mobile Work Manager Helps Asset-Intensive Industries
Should an organization utilize a mobile work management solution, coupled with an asset manager, such as SAP mobile work management software, they can enjoy several benefits. Let’s look at a few benefits of using a mobile work manager:
- Industries can save significant time per field worker per day by removing paper works, eliminating travels, and enhancing decision-making in the field.
- They can stamp out end-of-day data entries into SAP systems and other related backlogs. Plus, they can rule out handwritten guess works and duplicated or lost orders with real-time, on-the-field data recording.
- By simplifying reporting, they can reduce the costs of regulatory compliances.
- They can cut the number of steps and personnel required to finish their everyday tasks, lowering the overheads costs.
- They can minimize lost revenues through increased asset up-times and reduced SLA remedial costs.
- They can get all-round visibility into the status of their work, personnel, customers, assets, and business finances.
- From an administrative standpoint, they can improve asset longevity through routine maintenance and cutting-edge SAP mobile asset management programs.
- They can capture 100% asset touches, labor data, parts and materials used, and a host of other things for every task they finish.
- They can populate their SAP systems with complete, accurate, and timely data that is ready for reporting and analysis.
- They can shrink their inventory costs with instant data usage, better forecasts, and tighter inventory controls.
- Last but not least, they can also make business information available to their employees anytime and wherever they need it the most.
The industrial landscape is changing and moving towards a technology-controlled era quite rapidly. So, every industry, including asset-intensive enterprises, should pay attention to utilizing mobile solutions in their crucial processes. For the most part, having a mobile work management solution and SAP mobile work management program can help them move in the right direction and better prepare them for what’s about to come.