Get a Pathway to Permanent Residence with 485 Visa Australia
The temporary graduate visa 485 lets you work, stay and study in Australia after you have finished your studies. Depending on the visa stream you have applied for, you can stay in Australia for a certain time-frame along with your eligible family members. The best part is this visa also paves your way to attain a Permanent Residency in Australia.
The Two Visa Streams
The temporary graduate visa 485 has got two individual streams i.e. the post-study workstream and the graduate workstream. A quick introduction to each of these visa streams can be considered below.
- Post-Study Work Stream: If you have applied for this visa stream, then, you can expect to stay in Australia as long as four years depending on your current qualification. To become eligible for this visa stream you must have applied for and obtained your first student visa after or on 5th November 2011. Make sure that you have procured a higher education degree from an approved Australian education provider to become eligible for this visa stream.
- Graduate Work Stream: This particular stream of the Temporary Graduate visa subclass 485 is meant for those who are holding a substantial qualification. This qualification must prove your crucial skills and qualifications which are relevant to an Australian occupation. This occupation again must comprise the Skilled Occupations List of Australia. If you have applied for this visa stream, then, you can expect to stay in Australia as long as eighteen months.
Regardless of the stream, you have applied for, you can bring your eligible family members to the country.
In order to become eligible for the temporary graduate visa 485, make sure that you meet its essential eligibility criteria imperatively. According to these criteria, you must submit the mandatory pieces of evidence to the Department of Home Affairs. Aside, you need to submit the imperative documents along with while submitting your 485 visa application. The key eligibility criteria include the following:
- You should be the holder of valid health insurance in Australia
- You should have complied with the mandatory character and health criteria
- As the primary applicant, you need to meet the imperative study requirement within the past six months.
- You need to meet the English language requirement as well
- Make sure that you are the holder of an eligible visa at the time of applying and
- You should be below the age of 50 years
After you meet all these requirements, you need to gather the essential documents and attach them with your visa application. To apply for the 485 visas in Australia you need to open a valid ImmiAccount on the official site of the Department of Home Affairs. Once you upload all the documents and fill out the application form, it’s time for you to pay the visa application charge. Currently, the application charge for the 485 visas is AU$1,650 irrespective of the visa stream.
Health Insurance Criterion
Condition 8501 applies to the 485 visa subclass. According to this condition, both you and your eligible family members should be the holder of a valid health insurance cover. You need to comply with this requirement during your entire stay in Australia.
Graduate Visa 485: A Pathway to Permanent Residency
As already stated above that the 485 graduate visa paves your way to attain a permanent residency in Australia. This visa equips you with adequate work experience which is imperative to attain a Permanent Residence in Australia. However, this visa doesn’t allow you to attain a Permanent Residency directly. Alternatively, you can transit from your 485 visas to another visa to attain a Permanent Residency in Australia. The probable visa options include the following:
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) (Points – Tested) stream
While applying for any of these visas, make sure that you are eligible to satisfy the pertinent criteria of the visa stream you have applied for. If you wish you can also hire a Registered Migration agent in Adelaide to furthermore know about some Permanent Residency visa options more. Then, you can apply for your preferred visa through the temporary graduate visa 485.
Other feasible Visa Options
There are some other visa options as well which you can apply for instead of the subclass 485 visa in Australia. These visa types either pertain to the Employer-Sponsored Nomination category or that of Employer-Sponsored Migration category. These visas include the following:
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) – Subclass 187
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) – Subclass 186
- Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (TSS Visa Medium Term) and
- Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa – Subclass 457
These visas are quite similar to the 485 visa subclass which allows you to attain a Permanent Residency in Australia by providing you adequate work experience. So, to apply for the visa subclass 485 to gain a Permanent Residency in Australia, seek unrivaled immigration assistance from an immigration agent Adelaide right away.