Are you looking for a way to check whether your ISP is providing you with enough internet speed? If the answer to the question is yes, then we recommend you to run a speed test on your Netgear Orbi device. What happened? Are you unable to test the speed? Darn it!
As annoying as this issue might be, we are here to help you fix it. Here, we’ve provided you with every tip required in order to troubleshoot the issue a hand. By the time you’ve reached the end of this article, you’ll be able to check the speed of your internet on your Orbi device. Not just that, but you’ll also know whether you’re getting the same speed that you’re currently paying for or not.
Reasons Why You Can’t Perform Orbi Speed Test
Users who use the Orbi app for speed test are usually the ones who face the issue we’re talking about as compared to the ones who use computers. Thus, it is automatically assumed that there’s some issue with the Orbi app itself. Either the app is not installed properly or it doesn’t have access to the internet. Well, regardless of what issue you aren’t able to perform a speed test on your device, we’ll help you fix it.
Walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and know how to fix the Orbi speed test issue in the twinkling of the eye.
Resolved: Orbi Speed Test Not Working Issue
- Temporarily Disable Firewall
Start by temporarily disabling firewall and antivirus software on your WiFi device. Doing so will prevent you from facing unwanted issues while you’re trying to run a speed test on your Orbi.
- Uninstall the Netgear Orbi App
If the first tip wasn’t of any help to you, then it is recommended that you walk through the ones given here:
- Unlock your phone and look for the Netgear Orbi application.
Note: Charge your mobile phone fully before putting it to use.
- Once found, uninstall the Orbi phone from your mobile device.
- As soon as you uninstall the app, restart your mobile phone.
- Then, go to the App Store and download the Netgear Orbi application.
- In case you use an Android, go to the Google Play Store to download the Orbi app.
- Wait patiently for the Orbi app to get installed.
- Do not perform any background activities while the application is getting installed.
- Once the application gets installed, visit orbilogin.net and go to the dashboard of your device.
Note: Make sure that you’re entering the correct username and password while performing Orbi login.
- After you log into your Orbi device successfully, go to the Settings option.
- Now, try to test the speed of the internet on your Netgear Orbi device.
After following these instructions, we hope that you’ll get rid of the Orbi speed test issue. On the off chance if that doesn’t happen, then don’t panic. Either perform Orbi factory reset or Orbi firmware update. The choice is totally yours.
- Update the Firmware
Mentioned below are the instructions that you need to follow in order to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device to get rid of the speed test issue:
- Make sure that your Netgear Orbi router is properly connected to the modem.
- Then, open an internet browser on your laptop or computer.
- Access the orbilogin administrative page.
- Once you successfully log into your WiFi device, go to Advanced > Administration.
- Select the model number of your Orbi router and update the firmware.
Once you update the firmware of your Orbi device, you’ll surely be able to get rid of the Orbi speed test issue. By any chance the issue persists, we suggest you get in touch with highly experienced technical experts. They’ll surely be able to diagnose the reason why you’re still facing the issue.