Have you configured your router and thought that you will be able to access internet easily from any corner in your house? Well, seems like you are on a wrong track. Surely, the router provided by your ISP offers you great internet connectivity but it is not enough to cover dead zones in your house.
If you want to access internet from every corner of your house, then you need to switch to another WiFi device. Yes, you read it right! Netgear N300 WiFi range extender is the best option to consider to get rid of WiFi dead zones.
For those who are wondering how to perform Netgear N300 setup, don’t sweat over it. We are here to help you. In this piece of writing, we will make you familiar with the methods through which you can easily install Netgear N300 WiFi range extender.
So, without further discussion, let’s dive in!
Methods to Install Netgear N300 Extender
There are 3 ways through which you can easily setup Netgear extender:
- By Using the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard
- By Using the WPS button
- By Using the Netgear App
Let’s let started with the process to set up your Netgear N300 WiFi range extender.
By Using the Netgear Genie Setup Wizard
This method requires you to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard of your N300 extender. Don’t worry! Doing so isn’t a rocket science. All you need to do is to follow the instructions listed below to perform the Netgear extender setup process:
- Ensure that your Netgear N300 extender is connected properly to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, plug your extender and router into a working wall outlet.
- Turn on a PC or laptop and connect it to a reliable WiFi network.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar.
- Press the Enter key to get redirected to the mywifiext setup page.
- Fill in the default extender login details into the required fields and click on Log In.
- You will be taken to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Walk through the on-screen prompts to configure your N300 device using the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
By Using the Netgear Nighthawk App
Using the Netgear Nighthawk app to set up your N300 extender is one of the best ways to get rid of dead zones.
Follow the steps outlined below to configure your N300 using the Netgear app:
- Power on your mobile device. Connect the device to Netgear_ext SSID.
- Go to App Store (for iOS device) or Play Store (for Android device).
- Search for Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Once found, download it on your device.
- Wait for the installation process to get completed.
- Create a Netgear account and fill in the required details in the provided fields.
- The Basic home screen will appear.
- Go through the on-screen Netgear extender setup steps to finish configuring your N300 and get rid of dead zones.
By Using the WPS Button
Pressing the WPS button on your Netgear N300 extender is one of the easiest ways to set up the device. But, prior to getting started with the WPS setup method, make sure that your router and WiFi-enabled device are WPS capable.
Here are the steps to follow to configure your Netgear N300 extender using the WPS button:
- Power on your Netgear N300 WiFi range extender.
- Plug your N300 into a working wall outlet and turn it on.
- Connect your Netgear extender to your router.
- Look for the WPS button on your N300.
- Once found, push it.
- Within 2 minutes, push the WS button on your router.
- Congrats! Netgear extender setup using the WPS method has been completed successfully. Now, turn on a PC or laptop, connect it to Netgear_ext SSID, navigate to www mywifiext net n300 setup page and change the extender’s settings as per your preferences.
That was all about to get rid of dead zones in your house by setting up Netgear N300 extender. In case of any concerns, feel free to get in touch with our team of experts anytime.