There are varied spiritual advantages and rewards that someone acquires as they memorize the Qurans. The details of these rewards are mentioned in varied hadiths. If we look at the benefits of memorizing the Quran apart from its spiritual advantages and rewards then below are some health benefits of Quran. We would be listing advantages from mental to physical health. Below are the 5 health benefits you could experience as you memorize Quran online–
- Memorizing can help increase the space of the memory- Memorizing is more like the mental gymnastics where the more you repeat the thing you want to learn, the stronger the connection between the brain and the neurons become. In turn, the brain increases the capacity of its memory taking it beyond the previous capacity and duration to remember. This whole procedure can be thought of like upgrading the memory chip from 16 to 128 GB. When it comes to the brain you can improve its capacity easily by memorizing the Quran. So as you memorize, you are increasing the capacity of the brain to memorize even more. Regular memorization also strengthens the memory muscle. So the next time it is likely that you would not forget where you have left your keys.
- Memorizing can turn you smarter- A lot of individuals mistakenly believe that memorizing is not real learning as they believe that the procedure of learning must encompass more than just what you could remember and regurgitate. While learning must also include understanding and context it does not mean that memorizing does not have a place in the procedure of learning. If you talk to neurobiologists then they will tell you that they believe that remembering the facts texts could make your brain quicker as well as agile. This helps us build the foundations of the higher thought as we more quickly can recall facts which are required for complex thought/problem-solving.
- Building working memory can help us learn new things and stimulates creativity- Memorizing builds the working memory which helps us hold necessary information in our mind for making sense of the new information that is coming in. The recent research even found out that the students with the underdeveloped short term memory struggled in mastering the concepts in math and reading. Working memory is necessary for creativity and this can be especially improved by learning continuously.
- Memory training helps slow down the deterioration of memory- Individuals in old age face the progressive mental deterioration issues like the Alzheimer’s or the disorders of the mental procedures like dementia. In early stages the memory loss is mild. However, as the memory declines further it could impact the thinking skills with effects ranging from losing the ability to hold a conversation or responding to the environment. Memorizing the Quran and regularly revising it could be a form of memory training and a healthy lifelong habit. Even researchers from the national institute on health and ageing have found that practising of the memorization would allow the elderly adults in delaying the cognitive decline by 7 to 14 years and could also help prevent the cognitive diseases like the Alzheimer’s and dementia. Youth must also start practising the memory training now so that they can stay sharp in the years to come.
- Memorizing could reduce the stress and improve the health- A lack of memory, as well as organization, could create a hectic life whether in the studies, work or the home. As memorizing trains the memory for increasing its capacity, this can assist one in becoming better organized in their life and lower the levels of stress. Stress is related to many health afflictions like heart disease, obesity, depression and others. Lowering stress could lead to an improvement in health. Concurrently simply lowering the levels of stress could improve the memory further and can help in acceleration of the positive advantages with the cascading effect.
Above are the 5 major benefits that memorizing the Quran could bring. With so many good benefits to gain you would likely be looking for a one-stop place from where you can learn the Quran. So learn Islam online and acquire the benefits that are listed above. Wait no more and connect today.