Are you interested in a job as a assistant, but without prior experience? No worries! It doesn’t take much to get started in this virtual assistant career. Many people start at the bottom and work their way up to lucrative careers.
A virtual assistant, commonly known as “VA”, refers to an entrepreneur who provides online services to valuable clients in a variety of industries from their remote location . The Virtual Assistants can provide business services at any location.
Virtual assistants offer a range of services, including administrative tasks and social media. They also provide teaching services.
The VA is able to handle multiple tasks efficiently. The VA can handle the social media accounts of bloggers based elsewhere in the country. They also have the ability to manage back-office administration for travel life coaches based in Australia. These are just a few examples.
The virtual assistants should create an account in the LinkedIn professional community.
LinkedIn links professionals and beginners in a field.
LinkedIn is full of experts and professionals from every industry. For the latest information, contact professional experts.
Learning from and observing others is a great way to learn.
The VA offers four major divisions for remote services:
General Administration services
- Below listed are a few admin services you can provide to your client as a Virtual Assistant:
- Cold canvassing, calling, booking sales appointments, and seeking a donation from their prospects/clients. The market analysis is necessary to target the audience.
- Follow up regularly with clients/customers via online and offline correspondence.
- Electronic Calendar Management allows users to mark appointments and record events on an electronically managed calendar.
- File Management (manage their files and organize them using Dropbox/Google Dri ve, etc.
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Bookings for Hotel rooms and Flight Travel
- Reporting on weekly/fortnight tasks. Deliverables. Sales. Turnovers.
- Prepare Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations to be used in their online courses, webinars or conferences.
- Other freelance employees can be recruited and monitored, such as a web developer or video editor.
- Personal jobs – booking restaurants and events, purchasing surprise gifts, booking dinners, reserving tables for dinners, shifting houses, paying bills, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
Digital marketing refers to the use of digital technology to market products or services. The technology mode, which can include mobile phones and other digital sources , is promoted in the internet.
Digital marketing methods such as Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing and Product Marketing are growing all over the globe. VA services are necessary for these many options.
There are many areas that can be improved in every digital marketing strategy. It is therefore important to measure each strategy.
According to Digital marketing, Metrics matters everything and analytics are king.
Here are some examples.
- Social Media Marketing Social Media Marketing is the use of social media forums like facebook, twitter and Instagram to market products or services. The online marketers promote product, create brand awareness among the consumers across the world.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization The practice of SEO or ecommerce organizations to increase visitor count, traffic and populate websites with optimization methods is called Search Engine Optimization. The optimization techniques can be used in both offline and online modes.
- Social Media Optimization – This is the process of increasing brand awareness, popularity and sales across social media platforms.
- Marketing on Facebook – Online marketing helps to create brand popularity. They set up facebook pages and follow up regularly. Advertisements are created by marketers to gain popularity.
- Twitter Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up a twitter account and following up with them on a regular basis. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- Instagram Advertising – The online marketers help to build brand recognition and popularity by creating an Instagram account. They also keep in touch with their followers. The marketers create advertisements to gain popularity and view the followers.
- YouTube Advertising – YouTube marketing allows you to post videos and make virality with millions of people. Create a channel and upload videos on various topics like fashion, child psychology and hair styling.
- Pinterest Advertising Pinterest marketing is the use of Pinterest to increase awareness about products and services. Pinterest is used to drive website traffic and attract attention from the audience.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is the process of sending commercial content or message targeting the valuable clients or set of people through email mode. Email marketing is used in order to promote sales of the product and pitch sales.
- Branding – Branding actions are implemented by organization to make them different from peer and other emerging competitors. You can strengthen your position on the market by using branding strategies. The marketers create brand loyalty by branding.
- Paid Advertisements Online marketers use the paid advertisements that are published on the websites or in search engines like google to drive traffic.
- Content Marketing – The marketing stuff is transferred through content in online websites and social media.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples of Creative Jobs which are in demand:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Create infographics
- Logo design
- Design of branding materials for new products and services.
- Video creation and editing
Online teaching services
There are two broad categories of teaching services:
1. LIVE mode is available for teaching services
Below are some examples
Tutoring school children online
Tutoring English or other language speaking online to students/ working professionals/ homemakers.
2. Teaching services through video tutorials “How to”
These are just a few of the real examples.
- How to make an online course that is successful
- How to create graphics by Canva / Picmonkey/Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive/ Drop Box/ One Drive to store unlimited information
- How to make instructional Videos
- How to bake pancakes, ice-cream cakes, sugar-free muffins, whole wheat bread/cookies, etc.
- How to do your party makeup or hair in 15 minutes
- How to create fillable pdf workbooks and worksheets
- How to take professional photos for Instagram/Facebook
- How to become a brand affiliate seller on Amazon/Ebay
- How to automate Pinterest advertising
- How to draw faces and images in comics books
- There are many resources on the internet that will help you to find work-from-home jobs or opportunities that suit your interests and skills.
Which soft-skills are most compatible with remote work?
These are the core skills you will need to work long-term for remote clients.
- Be Profession – You need to be more professional when interacting with clients.
- Take initiative. As a virtual owner of a business, clients expect you quickly to understand and analyze the tasks and to act promptly to address any doubts.
- Problem-solving skills Clients should expect you to be able forecast problems and then present a solution.
- Efficient With your experience, your efficiency in work will increase. This will allow you to continue your efforts to grow the business.
- Persistence It is possible to be given a difficult assignment that has a deadline or where you have to work extra hard to complete it. Your perseverance and ability to make an effort despite all odd situations will project you as being trustworthy and reliable.
- Effective communication – Clients want you to keep them up to date with regular updates. Making the clients to ask or send reminders to you about the work updates is NOT being professional.
- Task Organization Skills – You will be able to successfully manage multiple tasks and valuable client projects with your ability to plan ahead, follow schedules and keep your focus.
What tools do VAs need?
Below given are some of the basic tools you need to know and excel before you take up client work:
- Google Docs – for creating, editing and sharing documents
- DropBox – File sharing tool
- WordPress – for creating and managing websites
- Email marketing tool MailChimp. GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Virtual assistants are often contracted by many companies. These companies aka agencies act as a middle person to get a job in virtual assistant sector.
You can find the job opportunities for virtual assistants on websites like Indeed, Upwork, Time.
Make sure the queries or search given are relevant to the field and enter in the what and where sections.
Virtual assistant is assigned a job profile that has multi-tasking potential as the job description covers various skills.
Virtual assistants support law firms, finance companies, start-ups and other businesses by providing administrative, technical, and customer service. You can either start a virtual assistant company or work from home for clients all over the world.
You will need to improve yourself according to your job profile. Virtual assistants can earn between 20,000 and 80,000 dollars annually.
The most highly-paid virtual assistants must dedicate their full-time to client support and web-designing.