Cupcakes are one of the most delicious dishes that can give you some amazing flavours. It is essential to see that you properly use and handle the cupcake corers. To do this, you need to follow some steps and procedures from time to time. Coring the cupcakes with fillings is an interesting process. It is for sure that everyone would love to do this. It is great to have such a great device or tool to carry out this work. Coring the cupcakes will allow you to put pastries or cream on the baked items.
Steps for using a cupcake corer;
Here are the steps you need to follow while using a good quality cupcake corer in the best possible manner. With the cupcake corer, you can remove a small part of the fillings, from the food item. It is much better and more advanced than the knives. You can get a neater way to carry out the whole process. If you use the corer properly, you can experience something better and neater. Let us follow the steps to get the best result.
- At first, you have to select the type of cupcake you want to make. Once you have decided, you have to collect the frosting and filling ingredients. You can do this, while putting the cake on to bake.
- You have to place the frosting and filling in two separate piping bags. Keep them in a separate place or area.
- In the next step, you have to allow the cupcake to cool on a wire rack. After some time, you will see that the cupcake has cooled down. Now you have to place the corer in the centre of the cupcake. Then gently twist the corer in the cupcake area.
- Be very careful while removing the cupcake from the same stand. You can repeat the same process with other cupcakes too.
- Now you have to use the piping bag that has already been arranged and kept separate. You have to start filling the cupcakes. In this case, you can also use a spoon to fill them to the fullest. Be sure that the cupcakes are not overfilled. This will create a mess.
- If you have done the filling, you have to do the same inthe frosting. You need to carefully put the cake for frosting. This is much more vital.
What are the tricks in the absence of a cupcake corer?
If you do not have a cupcake corer, you can rely on using a melon baller. It is a large star pastry tip. They also work efficiently in the filling process. You can use it in the same manner as you use the cupcake corer. Sometime, you may use a spoon or a knife to make the surface smoother. But with these tools, the whole work appears to be perfect.
You can use the leftover fillings from the cupcake milkshakes or ice creams. It will give you a better taste to a great extent. It is one of the best ways to use the extra pieces without wasting them. However, if you plan to give custard or cheese to the fillings, you must remember that they must be refrigerated. You can keep them in an airtight container for three to five days. But try to keep them in the refrigerator. To save your time, you can bake the cupcakes in advance and put them in the refrigerator.
Thus, most of the works becomes easier if you have a proper cupcake corer. It works like magic and helps you get wonderfully designed cupcakes at home. In some cases, you can try alternative ways to fill the cupcakes even if you do not have the original cupcake corer.