For any type of construction or home décor application, certain materials can play a very important role. These materials are chosen on the basis of their multiple traits like durability, strength, stiffness, resistance, textures, flexibility, appearance, cost, maintenance, etc. This is why before choosing a particular material for your services, make sure you do your research.
Plywood is one such raw material that undoubtedly works best for most applications. It has excellent traits and qualities that make it suitable for any given process. It is one of the most versatile and diverse materials in the market. There are also various kinds of plywood available like softwood, hardwood, flexible, marine, etc.
How to make sure you pick good quality plywood?
To ensure that the plywood you are buying offers you the best quality, there are some measures you can take. For example, when you go shopping to buy a pair of clothes, you try it out first, make sure it fits well, check the colour and any unwanted stains, select a suitable size, check the price before purchasing and then finally, when your selected pair of clothes check out all the stated requirements, you proceed to purchase it.
Just like shopping for clothes, shopping for plywood also follows similar steps to finalize the desired product. So, to make sure you do not compromise on the quality of plywood, there are a few steps you are required to take to enjoy the best plywood in India.
The necessary steps every customer should take are mentioned below:
- Firstly, make sure that the surface doesn’t have any cuts or scratches and is smooth and even.
- Good quality is hard and stiff; hence doesn’t bend easily. Make sure your plywood is healthy and not weak.
- Check the sides of the plywood. Make sure there isn’t any overlapping of surfaces and no sorts of gaps or holes.
- Ask for a small piece of the plywood and look for visible core lines on the outside and congruent ones inside.
- Best quality plywood is always ISI certified. Make sure to check the kind of plywood grade you are willing to buy. There are mainly two types- MR (Moisture Resistant) and BWP (Boiling Water Resistant).
- Ask about the raw materials used in the making of the product. Make sure the materials are used to ensure strength and stiffness.
- Know the different types of plywood and ask for hardwood plywood, mostly known as the toughest kind of plywood.
- Make sure the plywood you check is full panels or full cores. Also, look out for any bumps or uneven surfaces.
- To avoid buying duplicate plywood for your work, make sure you buy from a well recommended and a trusted place. Do not buy from a random place that sells you plywood for a cheaper rate unless you want to get scammed and face future consequences with the deterioration of the furniture.
These are essential steps that should be taken to ensure that you are not handed over any average plywood. Duplicate and low-quality plywood is very bad and has the following drawbacks:
- Low-quality plywood causes structural collapse. This is the biggest drawback as the whole point of making your furniture strong and tough is defeated.
- Delamination is another issue faced by people after using cheap plywood.
- Users also face warping due to cheap plywood. This is where the furniture takes up a grotesque shape that ruins the desired shape of the furniture.
- Termites are a major problem faced after owning a bad plywood piece. Low-quality plywood already has voids and gaps on its surface, which makes it easier for termites to attack your furniture.
To avoid the above-mentioned issues, one of the major steps you need to take is buying your plywood from one of the best plywood companies in India. This is very important so that you are provided with the best quality of plywood and are not compromised on its authentic quality.