Netgear routers are one of the great networking devices offering fast internet access to every user across the globe. These tiny devices help in taking WiFi signals from the existing modem and boosting them to a great extent.
But, like any other technical device Netgear routers are also prone to various flaws. These flaws may ruin your internet experience. That’s why, we have come up with this post. Here, we will make you familiar with 4 common yet major issues you might experience with your Netgear routers along with their solutions. Let’s hit the nail on the head!
Issue 1: Unable to Access the Netgear Router’s Settings
On the off chance if you are looking to fix any kind of issue with your Netgear router, the only way out is to access the www.routerlogin.net setup page. Once you access the setup page of your Netgear router, change its default settings as per your liking. But the issue is, 4 out of 5 users fail to access the setup page of their Netgear router due to a few technical glitches. If you are also one of those, then follow the instructions highlighted below in order to access the Netgear router’s web-based setup page without any hassle:
- Turn on your Netgear router and connect it to your existing modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser as per your liking on a PC or laptop,
- Enter routerlogin.net in the browser’s address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be redirected to Netgear router login page.
- Fill in the router login credentials carefully and click on Log In.
- Netgear router setup page appears. Here, you can change the router settings as per your preferences.
Issue 2: Can’t Change the SSID and Password of Netgear Router
Netgear routers come with default username and password. However, these default details need to be changed during Netgear router setup, so that no unknown person can leech your bandwidth. But, most of the users face issues while changing the default Netgear router login details. If you are also sailing on the same boat, then follow the instructions outlined underneath and know how to change the default Netgear router login credentials:
- Launch an internet browser on a computer or laptop.
- Type routerlogin.net into the address bar. If the web address routerlogin.net not working, worry not! Use the default Netgear router IP address instead.
- Enter your Netgear router username and password.
- Click on OK or Log In.
- The BASIC Home page will appear.
- Select the Wireless option and enter your new password in the Password (Network Key) field.
Once done, click on the Apply button.
Congrats! Your changes are saved successfully.
Issue 3: Slow WiFi After Netgear Router Setup
Another most common yet major issue with Netgear routers is that 3 out of 5 users find their WiFi is running at snail’s pace even after doing Netgear router setup. The reason behind the issue can be network congestion. To fix this issue, do the following:
- Keep unknown devices at bay by disabling your router’s SSID.
- Make sure that your Netgear router is placed away from doors, windows, and the reach of neighboring WiFi network.
Issue 4: Netgear Router Firmware Update Fails
If you are trying to update the Netgear router’s firmware but a failure message continues to display, then need not to worry. Such type of issue can be fixed with a few simple steps.
- Verify that your Netgear router is receiving continuous power supply.
- Make sure that your Netgear router and modem are placed in close proximity.
- Ensure that you are downloading the correct version of firmware for your Netgear router.
- Check all the cable connections.
- Power cycle your Netgear router and modem.
Bonus Tip: Is your router’s downloading speed is not up to the mark? No worries! Replace your existing model with Linksys router. Just perform Linksys router setup and experience the change in your WiFi and downloading speed.
So, these were the 4 issues generally reported by Netgear router users. Anticipating that all the fixes highlighted above have helped you out in fixing the router-related issues. In the event that you are still struggling with Netgear router-related issues, drop your queries in the comments section.
Read Also: Red led not turning green